Saturday, June 14, 2008

In a Caribbean frame of mind...

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Chef at Home with Micheal Smith... Well not too long ago he was creating a Caribbean Meal and thought that I would try it out for a couple of friends who had stopped by for dinner... We had jerk chicken, reggae rice, caribbean salad, a cucumber & carrot salad and topped it off with banana rum coconut smoothies... (obviously mine was a mocktail ;)

For our jerk chicken, I used a bottle of jerk seasoning that my father-in-law had given us with the chicken legs and thighs I had in the fridge. The longer it marinates the spicier it is so be careful with how long you keep it marinated...


Banana Rum Coconut Smoothies
Yield: 2

Ingredients:
4 x bananas
2 cups of pineapple juice
1 can of coconut milk
pinch of ground allspice
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4 oz of vanilla extract
Juice of 1 lime

Directions:

Place all ingredients into a large pitcher and puree with an immersion blender or alternately, puree in a blender.

Enjoy!

P.S. I'll post additional recipes from the caribbean meal shortly!

No comments: