Friday, May 23, 2008

Mushroom Mashed Potatoes

I do try to incorporate a picture into each of my posts simply because I don't usually try a recipe from a cookbook unless there is a picture that I can reference myself to. This will be one of this exception posts as I'm not sure why but I wasn't able to capture a photo before engulfing my meal all down....oops!

Mushroom Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 package of small Portobello mushrooms
1 bag of small yellow potatoes, skin on, quartered
1 cup Evaporated Milk

Directions

Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until tender; drain.

In a small saucepan, melt butter until foamy; add 1 clove finely chopped garlic and finely chopped mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.

Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and sautéed mushrooms. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper.

Enjoy!

Note: this is a great pairing to my mini meatloaf recipe.... :)

No comments: