Sunday, May 25, 2008

Miss Julie’s Famous Banana Bread

This recipe was passed to me from my sister many years ago and if I remember correctly as far back as when I was living off campus in college. I’ve used this recipe numerous times to save those ever ripening bananas. My favourite variation includes substituting the raisins for a ¼ cup of butterscotch chips. (Tip: coat the butterscotch chips in flour to prevent them from settling to the bottom of the banana bread)

Miss Julie’s Famous Banana Bread


Ingredients

2-3 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
¾ cup sugar
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup raisins

Directions

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mash bananas and eggs, beat until foamy.

In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients. Then fold into foamy mixture.

Add raisins.

Bake 1 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments: