Sunday, March 2, 2008

Quick Lunch

I remember being in college and I came across a recipe in a Chatelaine magazine that had a twist on the classic tuna salad. I had passed on the recipe to my family and since then this recipe has gone through many changes, deletions and additions. This has been my take on the recipe and a favorite around here whenever a quick lunch is needed.



Tuna Salad

Ingredients


1 cup of rigatoni, penne or elbow macaroni pasta
1 tbsp salt
2 small cans of tuna, drained
¼ cup chick peas
¼ cup of chopped stuffed pimentos
4 mini pickles, sliced
¼ red onion, chopped (or ¼ cup green onions, chopped)
1 tbsp of hot pimento paste
2 tbsp of mayo

Directions

Bring water to boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain.


In a bowl add tuna, chick peas, pimentos, pickles, green onions, pimento paste, mayo. Mix well. Then add pasta and mix well. Place in bowls .


Serves 2


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. Tuna and pasta is a staple at my house, especially since I discovered the joys of Italian tuna - available at Italian stores. SOme of them are designed to be added to pasta and have all the fixings right in the can. I like your green onion idea!