Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm not a salmon fan...

...but this recipe won me over! I came across it while reading a baby magazine, I think but boy am I glad I tried it... Even our 14-month baby loved it!


Sesame Salmon Fillets with Red Onion & Ginger Cream

Ingredients
454g salmon fillet (4 pieces)
Salt and pepper to season
3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 tbsp butter
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 cup heavy cream

Directions

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; press tops into seeds. Place skin down on buttered, foil lined baking sheet. Bake in 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or just until white juices appear.

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onions and ginger until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar until it evaporates. Stir in cream and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.

Spoon sauce on serving plates and top with salmon. I served it with a prosciutto & chick pea salad and boiled baby carrots.

Enjoy!

No comments: